Monday, June 22, 2009

Learning New Things Everyday


I am learning what it means to be a mom, and it is definitely an adventure. I have learned that I need to plan at least a half hour more to get ready to go anywhere--or I should just plan to be late. I have learned that my house doesn't get cleaned as quickly as I would like it to because I am constantly pulled away from my task--though it is a welcome face that pulls me away. I have learned it is okay if it takes me three hours to fold one basket of laundry--it will still be there when I get back. I have learned that I can be very talented with just one hand--I can cook, clean, type, and even sort of iron a shirt. These are things I have learned in just three weeks. Just think what more I have to learn! And it is all worth it!

2 comments:

  1. Good job Brenda! Reading that was helpful to me just now. I was just having another one of those crazy days - the house is a mess, Julia was crying, I was folding laundry, etc. And now finally she is taking a nap and I can relax. But I sort of miss her, like I want to play with her again already! haha. It is important to cherish these moments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a shock to first learn this! 3 kids later, and I have to tell ya Bren, it doesn't get easier!! That last picture is a cute one! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete